Agnostic.com

7 1

There is no reason for a co-worker (a male, age 59) to mansplain to the women customers. It is totally unprofessional. I was appalled at how he is always correcting them on our subtle name change of our value fries. They're now called Jr. Fries. He knows what they want, so be curtious and overlook that. I get irritated at how he is constantly talking to them that way. Idk how he gets compliments. I keep hearing of angry customers mostly. I don't like having to stand there and hear him be that way towards them. He thinks he's better for some reason. Talks a lot about racism too. He's black. IMO, race shouldn't matter. It doesn't to me. He's been working there 9 years and still hasn't learned. We were inspected today. The inspector even asked him about our motto of how we talk to customers. He didn't even know it. I get a lot of verbal compliments to my boss or to me when I'm up front taking orders. I've learned and perfected my customer service voice and how you treat customers. I feel he should have to watch me for a day and learn how to be respectful. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sarahroo29. Just for my own info. When you use the word "mansplain " what do you mean by it?

Men talking to women in a condescending tone. Explaining things.

I agree that people talking to other people in a condescending tone is rude. I'm not convinced it's any more rude when it's a man doing the condescending talk to a woman than when someone who isn't a man is speaking in a condescending way.. About the explaining things part... do you believe that anytime a man explains something to a woman it's a bad thing to do? If so, what are the reasons that you believe that?

you can teach an old dog new tricks but its just got to want to learn them. I wouldn't let it bother you because you will only piss yourself of while he won't change.

He won't.

just don't think about it my love x

I hate womansplaining just as much.

Yep.

Man 'splainin' is probably the biggest fault to which I will admit. It happens so naturally; flows off the tongue like honey off a spoon.

Do you know what mansplaining is?

I spelled it correctly. Urban Dictionary and Google spell it the way I did.

@Sarahroo29 lol.... hmmmm your last comment? If I'd written that I would expect someone to explain to me that I was mansplaining. 🙂

He probably thinks he is Helping them and feels good about it. Why are your panties in a twist about it?

Because I have to listen to it and I observe the customer's reactions. I'm okay. I just don't understand how he's been there 9 years.

Sounds like a hotep to me.

Yeah.

I've been making a list "Every Company Has One" archetypes - he's one of the ones I haven't thought of a name for yet: the type who's been in his job for years but isn't able to do it properly but, for some reason that nobody can fathom, is still there. In the worst cases, they hang around for so long that they get promoted to a supervisory role or even management - we have one like that where I work and we all wonder every day if she has blackmail material on someone higher up because there's no other way to explain why she's still there!

Jnei Level 8 Feb 7, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.