Agnostic.com

2 0

I posted this in response to a Jim Daly article at the Focus on the Family webpage shortly before getting banned. They really get uncomfortable if you make rational points, particularly since other commenters responded supportively.

[F]or believers I pose this hypothetical question: - If you were to arrive at the conclusion that we live and exist in a godless universe (not PROVE it, not FORCED to accept that view, but determined for YOURSELF that there was no CREDIBLE evidence for the existence of any god or gods and therefore the default position was the same for your views on the existence of say, leprechauns) how would you live your life from that point on? Suicide? No limits? Rape, rob, murder, steal? Try to (de)convert everyone else? Go insane? Or would you continue on pretty much as you do now? Love your family, or kids, or spouse, or significant other? Continue to partake in the joys, sorrows, and challenges that our lives entail? Most believers I ask won't even humor the question. It's usually some version of, "God exists so the question is meaningless." I ask "Which god?" They usually answer, "There is only one." This then digresses into figuring out accurately this supposed gods message for humanity. I conclude that if god exists, and god wants humans to know of its existence and its blueprint for ours...then it has failed miserably because virtually NO ONE is on the same page.

WilliamCharles 8 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey! My quote diagrammed in all its glory!

"God sent God to die for God so that God could forgive God's creations according to God's unbending rules."

[tm] ~ LanceThruster

[Too Rube Goldberg for my tastes btw]

What blogs/websites have you been blocked/banned from and why?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.