Agnostic.com

4 1

If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think more or less the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you are just a Catholic." -Sam Harris

Natefish 4 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

lol

Pancakes? I was sure it was a Cheeseburger Monte Carlo. Must be a splinter sect.

If you believe God speaks to you every morning, you are religious.
Unless you believe he speaks to your through your air dryer, in which case you are insane.

Allan Level 5 Feb 8, 2018

LoL, I was just listening to Sam Harris saying that yesterday in my car. I have a lot of his stuff and others on my phone.

It reminds me of one of my first visits to a church. My family didn't go to church. When I was 9 or 10, I was walking around town with a friend, and she took me into her church. The doors weren't locked, it was the middle of the day, but there was no one inside that we could see. She explained the big bloody Jesus on the giant cross (which I thought was gross) and then we went into a back room where we saw a box of communion wafers in a box on a counter. She explained that during communion, they turned into the body of Jesus, and some grape juice turned into his blood. I was pretty grossed out, but I assumed it was just a ritual, and didn't really happen. Nope, she assured me that it really did this. I was baffled. And, again, grossed out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22080
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.