Agnostic.com

8 5

A young man on this site sent me a long message asking me to create a gofundme for him to get him and his family out of the Philippines. He asked me to be in charge of it, send money to it and so on... While I appreciate that he might have a need/desire of some sort, this seems really inappropriate. I did report it. I just wonder if some of you got the same message??

I put this under general and hellos as I was not sure where to post this.

Knitfreak 7 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Niggerian email scam ditto. ...pleading with anyone for a financial cyberlink

We've deleted a few of his posts asking money from members. Thanks for letting us know he also messaged people for donations. We will give him a warning.

He can go to the US EMBASSY and file the papers to leave there. ...he is a scammer....he could enlist in the US Navy and earn the money for his family travel money. ...

A couple of weeks ago, he posted in an open forum something like "Gosh you guys, all I asked for was $20......" or something to that effect.

It is inappropriate and is undoubtedly a violation of the terms of service here. I reported it to @admin and I blocked him.

Sounds like the good ole' fake news! 🙂

not me

I posted here an organization that helps Atheists in hostile nations get to safety. That is who he needs to connect with. There are too many scammers out there to do such a thing for a complete stranger 1/2 way around the world , as it could be anyone . . . (?)

Dougy Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

Hmmm.... i was told by my senior mechanical engineer..... you can't stop world hunger..... that hit me between the eyes. I can see his point now. It's let your conscience be your guide... I say do whatever you feel your heart leads you to do...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.