Agnostic.com

4 2

I recently started a new job and I am having to hide my lack of beliefs. So far it hasn't been too much of a problem but I am hearing "brother Danny". You know the type of thing religious people say.
Hopefully it will not become a problem. I hopes are high for this job.
Anyone else have to hide your lack of beliefs at work?

Travel1 5 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't hide or advertise my agnostic status at work or elsewhere. If someone asks, I will tell; however, I understand the challenges we face when dealing with believers. On another note: I sometimes use the terms 'brother' and 'sister', but only because I see us as human siblings.

I don't mind brother comments but If you react to it you may be invited to church

No, I don’t hide my lack of belief.

I understand. I don’t care about consequences, that’s not always a good thing. @Travel1

I have not “come out” to many of my friends or my very religious mother in law. I am a recent Agnostic/ Atheist and a recovering Christian. My best friend is the person who “saved” me 25 years ago. She is my children’s godmother and I’m afraid that if I tell her she will feel like she failed God somehow...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.