Agnostic.com

7 2

" so what are you giving up for Lent??"

"Eating babies......"

Tis the season that I get asked this question almost everyday.... I'm going to need some more snarky come backs as I'm running out of new ones.

Pooska 6 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Laughing at "eating babies." 🙂

"I'm giving up chocolate for lent."

"I'm giving up beer -- but not whiskey -- for lent."

"I'm giving up soda for lent."

Nauseating.

None of them (any Catholic I know) mentions the volunteer service or "good works" they'll be doing in addition. Just that they are so pious for giving up some treat that goes in their stomach.

Ugh......

How about I give up religion for lent!! 😉

I'm giving up raping every one I want.

Christianity

I do not celebrate eating crackers nor drinking grape juice calling it skin&blood of an alleged baby god who KNEW in advance he would be tortured nailed to a tree one alleged Palestinian weekend and escape from an alleged tomb "alive ??? " ....I will not give up my sanity for this insane belief

No body had asked that question in the last 15 years, that's how rough I am disconnected from people.

When people ask me what I'm giving up for Lent, I usually answer, "Catholicism".

I was about to type "religion," but you beat me to it!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22380
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.