Agnostic.com

4 1

Did you know that Facebook Now Has a Patent To Literally Use Your Camera and Watch Your Emotional Reactions?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have little band-aids over all the cameras and mics of my computers. And i recommend such to all my clients. And: windows requires disabling all the Personalization settings to increase safety.

ANDDDDD::::: Never use a MS account to log into your computer. ALWAYS use a local account and disable the store auot updating....

@Bierbasstard . . .By using a MS account (same with apple) the computer is connected to the MS network, and therefore, as the EULA explains, the computer belongs to MS and MS is given the right to do whatever they want with the computer. Including uploading documents, deleting documents and programs,...

To use a local account:
windows link (bottom left)
Settings
Accounts
On right side: "Sign in with a local account instead"

Although I have not had problems with changing client computers, I suggest a full backup before changing.

These are wise words. I'm amazed at how it never occurs to many, perhaps even most, people to ask why Microsoft want us all to sign in with an MS account.

There are numerous viruses out there which can switch on your camera, as well as people who enjoy watching others without the person being observed knowing it. Fortunately, a little piece of electrical tape solves the issue.

Jnei Level 8 Nov 16, 2018

A few years ago it was "discovered" that computers provided to college kids, had cameras and mics remotely enabled without indication.

I go back there every once and a while to see if I can find a delete button. No luck so far. There isn't even a delete app button on my phone. Drives me nuts.

@Bierbasstard
Thank you. Trying it again. I did disable it but there it still sits. Greer.

@Bierbasstard
I did that but it's still in the apps section asking to be enabled. I can live with it but I just hate them.

What if you don't have or have taped over your a camera.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:223875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.