Agnostic.com

7 10

Teen sings her way through brain surgery, so doctors can preserve her talent

An amazing, uplifting story.

Bravo to the surgeon in Seattle Children's Hospital!

[huffingtonpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A testament to modern technology and scientific/medical minds...beautiful story with hopefully a very happy ending for the young woman to continue doing what she loves!

Oh, I like this story! ☺️

Way cool

Thank you science.

Amazing the accuracy and techniques available to surgeons to operate like that. I had seen other stories of a similar ilk before but always good to be reminded of the good that defines most of humanity.

Let's hope she stays well.They might have used this technology:

A brain positron emission tomography (PET) scan is an imaging test that allows doctors to see how your brain is functioning. The scan captures images of the activity of the brain after radioactive “tracers” have been absorbed into the bloodstream. These tracers are “attached” to compounds like glucose (sugar). Glucose is the principal fuel of the brain.

An uplifting story to brighten my day

I saw this yesterday- it’s amazing what can be done now

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:225140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.