Agnostic.com

9 1

Do you have a preference overall for one of your parents?

I'm not saying you didn't or don't love both your parents but which parent was your favorite and why?

• 4 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 8 votes
SamL 7 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My dad, he acts as if he actually cares about me. A bonus of being a kid is that when my parents hide cookies from each other, I can take from both stashes.

For me it’s my mom. My parents divorced when I was 6 and my dad quickly remarried. I then had a new stepmother that ruled the roost. I loved my dad dearly but very much resented how he let her control everything and chose her over me.

I can't even look at pics of my momma without crying. I thought i loved them equally but its my momma im missin

my sister is comming down to texas for the holidays. its not too late for you to start packing your bags and your children. they have room for yall! lol your so cute girl! i havnt seen my sister in years. im so looking forward to seeing her and her kids. she never got married until she was 35. the guy she married never was married either. she has a child that i havnt got to meet yet. they get to travel all over the states working wind farms. she is a stay at home mom for them while they are too young for school

My Italian father was so unlike the stereotypical loud, abrasive, gangster type. He was kind, patient, very involved in my life, and very accepting of who I am. He played good cop to my mom's bad cop, and it helped to at least have one rational parent. He helped w/my math homework, taught me to play sports, and very rarely lost his temper. I miss him now more than ever.

my dad fuels my ego, my mom keeps me from starving, the rent is too damn high, i can't eat love.

Mom

I could not talk to either of my parents about problems, because "just pray about it" never solved anything, because that never worked. As a result I was never close to either of my parents.

Dads dead was an ass. Mom is alive but crazy so I prefer no parents.

I voted that I do not have a preference because more information is needed. Of course I loved them differently, just as parents love their children differently. A preference to me somehow indicates one over the other, or that one was loving while the other is a waste of life, which is sometimes the situation in some families. Yes, I was closer to my mother because I was with her more and she had a stronger personality,. but that takes nothing away from my dad who sacrificed so much and who loved his family.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2263
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.