Agnostic.com

6 0

Which type of god is more likely to exist?

Assuming a god exists, which type is more likely?

#god
Obnoxious 4 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

An imaginary One..

The imaginary one . My GD had an imaginary friend, Victor, for several years. She is eight now and has outgrown him.

Well the scientist Fred Hoyle suggested in his book 'The Intelligent Universe' that there could possibly be an Intelligent 'force' that pervades the Cosmos but this is a very non anthropomorphic 'god' that would best be described as IT or THAT I kinda like the concept.

A god that exists outside the creation. Like some really OCD crazy fish-lady watching her "kids" swim around the tank.

The vaguest possible god is more likely to exist. The more detailed you get in describing them and barnacling them with doctrines and such, the less likely they become (and the more you have to prove / defend / reconcile with actual reality),

So a non-interventionist, deist god / absent watchmaker is less unlikely than, say, Jesus or Krishna.

But both are very unlikely. Also, not incidentally: it's impossible in practice to distinguish between an absent god, an indifferent god, and a non-existent god.

I've always been a big Micky Mouse fan. How about our favorite rodent?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22842
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.