Agnostic.com

3 2

Prostitution it seems the majority of us are Pro Choice. Does that also. Apply to Prostitution???

It seems all religions are completely against prostitution. I am surprised it's not in the 10 commandments. The way Christians rail against prostitution. I am good with it myself as long as the ladies have health check ups and a license.

Stevil 8 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always been a proponent of legalized, regulated prostitution--for both genders. (why do you assume only females work and only males frequent? Women would like to see male prostitutes for their needs, too. At least, that's the way I and other women I've talked to feel.) There is no reason, other than "morality", for it to be illegal. Take away the stigma, the criminalization, and make it just another business for whomever wants to partake. There are a lot of people in this world who do not have access to an adequate sex life; this would help them greatly. I've also long postulated that legalization would lead to a slight decrease in rape, and I saw an article about 3 years ago about a country who had done just that, and they did, indeed, have a slight decrease in the number of rapes.

marga Level 7 Feb 10, 2018

@Stevil that is messed up yet hilarious.

@Stevil aww. It was love at first sight.

Makes one wonder if it might have stopped the "incel" attack in Toronto.

My main malfunction with prostitution is that at least when it is criminalized (which it is in very nearly the entire US, except for a couple of communities in Nevada) it tends to victimize and objectify sex workers.

On a personal level, I wouldn't be interested even in properly licensed and regulated legal prostitution. I find the concept of impersonal sex with random strangers alienating and empty.

this topic keeps coming up

@Stevil We don't even agree on what atheist and agnostic means! lol

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.