Agnostic.com

9 2

Who is your favorite Author on Atheism / Free thinking? Living or dead, and why?

Dallasdave 5 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hai how are you nice to meet you here

Richard Dawkins—without question. I marvel not only at his intellect and education but also his patience in explaining to the pseudo intellectual religious folks why they should give up their baby blankets.

Allen Wats opened my mind.❤️

Robert Green Ingersoll, who 'channeled' Thomas Paine in many of his lectures.

Thomas Paine. Isaac Asimov. Mark Twain.

Deceased: Bertrand Russell's essays on religion and atheism and agnosticism have been very influential in my thinking, really since I was in my teens. Living: Dawkins, most notably, and then Sam Harris;

Clarence Darrow, Christopher Hitchens, Mark Twain...

I still like this Twain quote: "If there is a God, he is a malign thug."

Got none to come to mind.

I've always loved Hitchens, from the days 30 years ago when I discovered him in Rolling Stone. He was more "liberal" then...Saw him 6 months before he died, doing a public "discussion" with a Christy dude who I can't remember. It was a theological location with about 2000 people there. Awesome. He was so eloquent that even a group of Baptist students who were there were clapping for him. As far as living authors, probably Sam Harris.

Hitchens is top of the heap. Sam Harris, in my book, has faded into irrelevance, especially after that terrible book with Majid. I can read and listen to Hitch and get all fired up about getting rid of god, again. GROG

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22925
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.