Agnostic.com

2 1

One size does not fit all!

So, I would like to be clear that I do not believe in organized religion or anything organized that strips an individual of their rights. I do not believe in God because that is a biblical term that religion has tainted and altered into something sinister. I do however believe in intelligent life besides what we occasionally find on Earth. There is more than enough evidence to support life from outer space having landed on this planet. I am not so certain our DNA has not been altered or that we originated on this planet ourselves.
There is so much that is unknown. I do not claim to know whether or not "someone" more intelligent than us created us, only that religion is man-made and the "God" is an ass.
There is no doubt in my mind that there are things going on that I cannot explain with science (to date anyway) so I do not conclude there is no creator because I believe there might be. I also believe in a soul/spirit that remains conscious outside of the body.
I admit, I might be wrong but my point is that not believing in "God" does not automatically mean a lack of belief in intelligent life or a spirit, reincarnation...
Even though we may have some things in common our belief systems are all unique and should be respected no matter how faulty they may be.

Dida 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Agreed wholeheartedly sis.

My biggest apprehension is with your ending statement about respecting "belief systems...no matter how faulty they may be." I personally cannot respect belief systems that have caused the murderous deaths of countless millions throughout history. And that includes organized religions, as well as fascist (and other governmental) "systems," which for some have become virtual belief systems.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.