Agnostic.com

2 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well first, we live in a binary universe. It exists or it doesn't and since we are having a conversation we've both already made our decision to exist for the time being at least, so the question is, what for. Hedonism does it for me. Pleasure, fun, excitement. It's what I've devoted my life to and for my money it was a wise choice. I am a member of what the government labels an outlaw motorcycle gang. We ride hard,party hard and live, in so much as we are able to, by our own rules. Most of us die young. I am an exception. I'm 61 yrs old and the oldest member of my chapter. Living too damn long is the only real sin that I will acknowledge. It's been one hell of a ride and it never got boring, but I'm getting frail and weak so if some soccer mom in an SUV doesn't take me out in the not too distant future I'll likely take matters into my own hands. Anyway this is my version of existentialism, whats yours?

Like with you, my meaning comes from the things I enjoy. My family, my friends, having a drink, playing or listening to music, and reading.

'The reluctant have to make meaning up. We do things even when most of what humans do seems pretty pointless and stupid given how many of us there are, how briefly we live, and how hard it is to make a difference on this crowded planet'.

I do it as an atheist. I make meaning for myself. I also agree with Jordon Peterson that adopting responsibility gives meaning to life too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:232559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.