Agnostic.com

2 1

We are zombies..

Does anyone know of a church hymn that has a chorus where it repeats 'We are zombies'? My family was United Methodist if that helps. I just have a memory of being in church and everyone (except me) singing this song and it may have been my imagination as a child, but they kept singing "we are zombies". I remember being weirded out and thinking 'why would you be ok with referring to yourself as zombies'?

FatherOfNyx 7 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd suspect yo misheard somethign that ended with "Zion be" Hmm... may be "over Zion be" or "see O'er Zion be"?

That reminds me of the attitude of my religion to people outside it. They were 'spiritually dead'. I remember one guy welcomed back to his congregation with a sarcastic 'Oh look, Ian, you're back from the dead'. I usually think of that when I'm watching The Walking Dead.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.