Agnostic.com

0 2

So we are bombarded from childhood into a belief that says a cosmic plan by a great omnipotent being was set in motion to save us lest we burn forever in hell: But it happened thousands of years since humans first started forming society, is inefficiently transmitted across the globe over hundreds of years, is mimicked by other copycat formations of religion, and it makes no attempts at demonstrating justice so that people like me would have been bought and sold as property. Never-mind the starting point to all of this: that a tree which could have been placed anywhere else out of reach of people was put in their midst, conveniently in a part of the world were clever talking snakes roamed freely.

I remember hearing all this stuff as a five year old, being startled and then frightened, and then after asking questions of the adults around me (who said, only god knows and he created himself), saying to myself, they are older than me, they must know what this is about. But by age 12, these things started to unravel.

Traffique_Jaam 4 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23827