Agnostic.com

113 12

What movie fucked with your head the most?

I just finished watching Requiem for a Dream (for the hundredth time). Darren Aronofsky needs a serious hug from his daddy.

What movies have you watched that fucked with your head so much that you were still thinking about it the next day?

IndySent 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

113 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pink Floyd the wall.

Irreversible from Gaspar Noe

The Deerhunter!!!

The Usual Suspects.

Donnie Darko...still so many questions.

Requiem for a Dream. Fuck that movie.

Also, Mulholland Drive.

Donnie Darko will always have me feeling weird after watching it.. Too relatable.

Aside from that, Candyman freaked me out as a kid. Don't know what it was since I also watched Faces of Death as a kid.. But Candyman freaked me the fuck out.

Kill Bill...

Irreversible and Funny Games (more so the US version)

Annihilation - it was just predictable enough to keep me constantly heading in the wrong direction.

Inception. Does it stop spinning or not.

My wife hates the movie because of the loose end. As he went to spin the token I realized and told her, "There not going to show whether it stops!"

Anyway, I recently read that there is supposedly a tell after they pan away from the token towards the doorway... the presence of a specific character indicates reality or not.

Predestination with Eathan Hawk

Man Bites Dog

Equus, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead... I'm a bit of a movie buff...

28 days later
It just reminds me that even though we somehow avoided nuclear annihilation that every day FOOLS play with the substance of our destruction. When and if the SUPERBUG does get loose, the first to die will likely be the lucky ones

Koyaanisqatsi. Shaped my thought processes and life decision making more than I would ever expect a film do.

District 9

'Sometimes a Great Notion' written by Ken Kesey. The opening dialogue on the first scene stayed glued in my memory after one reading: "Sometimes I feel like a lover, and sometimes I feel like a clown, And sometimes I get a great notion to jump in the river and drown". And that fit me perfectly at the time and still does.

'Breaking Waves' puts me into profound depression.

That very movie is why I clicked on this discussion!

Off the top of my head, I'd say The Babadook. Not so much because of the "horror" aspect of it, but how well it showed the inner thoughts of a severely depressed mother.

HOLY CRAP and if you have ever seen a movie called H A P P I N E S S

LOL EASY. Definitely H u m a n C e n t I p e d e

Mama Mia. It made me want to kill.

"Altered States." It was so surreal and odd.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.