Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Bah, humbug: Grade 1 teacher tells students Santa isn’t real, ‘reindeer can’t fly’ - National | Globalnews.ca

Is there a right time to tell the truth?
When is the right time to tell the truth?

malayang-isipan 5 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

However, there was no objection from the school or parents that the rest of the day was spent doing duck and cover exercises for the anticipation of the very real likelihood of a mass murderer entering the class. Which everyone thinks was ok.

I don't interfere with parents and their kids on non violent issues, even bullshit as we are all guilty of something. I do remember trying to explain to my 4th grade son why he shouldn't out Santa to his 8th grade neighbor. I did deel the parents had gone to far in that case, for sure.

Most kids figure out by 10 or 11 that xmas claus is a sham. But to tell 6 year olds is not the governments business. That being said, we do need truth in education, just don't give the sex talk to 6 year old. It would be better if people were more open about sex on the homes. Back when we lived in a 2 room house, yes I'm that old, you knew mom & dad were "wrestling" in bed. As far as mythical creatures like minotaur, st claus, flying riendeer should be taught later, like 5th grade.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:240158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.