Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Chris Hedges On The Cult Of Trump - YouTube

Chris hedges isn’t usually my cup of tea but what he says in this video is the most accurate depiction of trump, his followers and how he came to power.

So if y’all can simply put your political conditioning aside for the time it takes to watch and “ hear “ what is actually being said in this video I personally feel that our views of the dangers of trump won’t change but you’ll have a better understanding of how and why his followers are the way they are.

And how some of us actually did through Bernie Sanders. So like it, hate it, spit on it I don’t care just watch it and see if it brings some light to the question of just how can anyone support a man like that.

And thank you

48thRonin 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, two more of us know, now what?

The followers are so well primed … and those of us assuming they need only be educated haven’t realized they’re beyond hope..

If those primed for the likes of trump constitute a third of our republic, shell we expect more? As wealthy industrialists have invested in propaganda, and are acquiring more wealth as we speak, are they actually willing to sacrifice the citizens who feed & maintain their wealth?

The third I’d call Thinkers ..appear that to a fault. Knowing ‘so much’ they’re too often tripped up by minor imperfections to support a viable candidate or united opposition. Scattered, they were the targets of the Russian email dumps..

And those vacillating between ..not giving a damn - and guilty for not having given a damn… What motivates them? They’re numb, fatalists, at best ‘single issue voters?’ ..often witnessed around here, apparently not falling for or willing to accept “the permanent lies,” but too easily manipulated by selfish desires…

He gets it right that trump supporters are irredeemable. My question is: how, in our democracy, do we build and maintain enough opposition to those having given their lives to trump's (adopted) ideology to nullify their continued attempts to destroy their perceived enemy (us) and maintain a coalition cooperative enough to acknowledge the damage his followers cause far exceeds that of those closest to them?

Writing between segments … damn, he calls for revolution.. And, that’s exactly what trump’s minions are prepared for. I think that’s too far. But, to claw back the court decisions that have handed power to our industrial overlords will be a long long slog … and Americans are easily distracted and poorly disciplined..

Varn Level 8 Dec 9, 2018

Ok that 1/3 is a highly exaggerated number that I believe has injected as counter propaganda. Just saying not even that many people voted for him in the 2016 election and once you subtract those who just wanted to stick it to HRC and the DNC you’ll see that it’s more like a 1/4.

But anyway the other point is that I got from the video that do to the repetitive behaviors of our government and most people don’t see them attempting to change let alone fix their own broken system.

So with that we’re hoping and looking for a savior figure which ironically both sides found in the course of the 2016 election and not to say that Bernie would destroy us but the opposing side would unleash the right amount and kind of propaganda that would make most of those who follow trump feel the same way that most of feel.

And as far as a revolution goes back during the 2016 election I said that with one candidate we’ll have a civil war and the other a revolution.
So far with trump there’s been sword rattling from both sides and if we were to look at the political maps we can see where the dividing line would run.

But if HRC would’ve won well let’s just say that I’ve met someone who has an actual working guillotine that didn’t exist before June of 2016. The belief was that once she’d take office that she’d almost immediately engage in a conflict that most likely would’ve pitted us against Russia and most of us resented her since of entitlement so with the right ingredients the world would’ve seen an uprising here in America.

So anyway from this I believe that we should be careful as to who we grab onto politically but at the same time I believe that if both parties choose to ignore the lessons from this presidency and change their practices accordingly then the future of this country will be anything but united.

There's far too much corruption in this bastardized crony capitalism excuse for a financial system/economy; which has marginalized & impoverished a large percentage of the population
to ever be resolved peacefully.
There will be another financial collapse which will be followed by a great reset.

@48thRonin Yah, I’d call that one third their ‘currently riding high hopefully good as it gets’ number, as they are more likely around the twenty five percent..

I don’t see ‘the people’ capable of mounting a coordinated front to significantly change our government. {responding as I go here, or I’d be totally lost} What’s deeply wrong may not be repairable.. Perhaps we need a Parliamentary System … though watching the current mess over Brexit ..maybe not.

We need unlimited, if not all corporate money out of politics, but with the foreseeable supreme court, that’s dead. We need to redraw districts to lessen the long term effects of Gerrymandering, which is happening within the (slightly) more progressive states, if at a glacial pace. And we need something like The Fairness Doctrine back; some way of limiting the negative propaganda that more reflects the wealth and desires of whose funding it than the word or will of ‘the people.’

That ‘savior syndrome’ is a killer… But no candidate would/ could win giving politics 101 lectures.. So they speak in terms the public understands, “I will”... Yes, ‘they will’ propose this, that, and the other thing ..but not only do the other ‘houses of congress’ have to vote for it (once needing a 60% majority in one), but our supreme court gets to take a crack at it.. Our presidents are not kings, as one is learning at this moment.

Bernie & trump fed their people that pie in the sky … while HRC lost for not.. I just heard a commentator for the BBC declare Obama’s presidency as ‘failed’ because he promised ‘too much.’ So, if they don’t tell the Am. people what they want to hear, while pretending they alone can make it happen - they lose?

Regarding revolution, and it’s dividing lines ..we could call one new nation “The United Successful States of America,” but what would the others call themselves. - - But there I go.. again, playing into the division so promoted by the ..unsuccessful states of america 🙂

No no no… HRC would have been a continuation of the Obama presidency.. We’ve had the Russians in check, she knew their game, and we were winning. Think of her two supreme court justices - that was key, and the republicans knew it. Congress would have stayed republican, but federal judges across the land would have allowed citizens to gain in court what congress wouldn’t grant them. Would have been slow going, but progression all the same.

I appreciate your ending sentiment, it’s too easy to destroy, confuse, upset or anger … as opposed to build, educate, sooth and provide hope. Those who can are beyond me ~

@callmedubious Yup, trumps working overtime to wreck the Obama Recovery… But as usual, in the middle of an economic free-fall - they’ll vote in the Democrats to save their sorry butts..

And once we’re back in the black, and things are settling down, the nation can get back to the game, or their reality shows ..or shopping … as the propaganda machine on the ‘right’ never stops..

@Varn You hit the biggest nail with that we need to get corporate money and also foreign interests money out of politics.
Do that and the game will change or people will die but either way our country is heading towards its death so why not?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:240522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.