Agnostic.com

3 0

Dating with an accent... romantic?

I heard that Chadwick Boseman was asked why he used the Xhosa South African accent in his character for the Black Panther. He says people cautioned him that an audience, especially in the west, would not be able to sit through a movie with a lead speaking in an african accent. He said, he found the african accent as classical as many european accents of english...

I had my moment of vanity for a while. lol. But I have not had real feedback on this. So what do we think about the African accents we have heard? Because they are many...

Traffique_Jaam 4 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think we are attracted to accents, because it is so different than our own sound. North America has so many regional accents, that we are used to them. But when we hear others, it’s fun. I would think that in Europe/Asia and Africa, accents would be more novel, as people don’t travel to other countries, as easy as we do states here.

I've heard many African accents in London, and many of them have musical, lilting qualities.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 13, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.