Agnostic.com

4 1

Is anyone here in toastmasters? Does your chapter open with prayer? Do you have someone who frequently bases people who don’t believe in god? #toastmasters #publicspeaking

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am in toastmasters now. It opens with a prayer and then the pledge of allegiance.

Myah Level 6 Feb 14, 2018

When I did toastmasters, there were no prayers.

It's very effective at making you a better speaker. Bear in mind that a lot of the people who run most of the clubs don't have experience at running or administering things, so be patient. With that said, it's also a lot of fun. I'd encourage just about anyone to try it.

I'm with Dwight on this one. As a military officer assigned to the Pentagon, with responsibilities for briefings to senior officials, I joined Toastmasters to clean up those irritating 'um's' and 'uh's.' Never once heard a single incursion of religion, however.

I was in toastmasters for a few years what I was stationed at a Navy base. Se met for lunch and had no prayers. I learned alot and cleaned up my um and ah scores.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.