Agnostic.com

7 8

I can't do Facebook any more without my blood pressure rising 20 points. I love you heathens.

Tecolote 7 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Idk, there’s some dumb ones here, too...

Facebook free, over three years now. Try it, you'll like it!

I'm over five years now. I really am VERY happy without it.

I have not actually deleted my account though -- just deactivated it . I save if for the time being for that "just in case" I want to find somebody.

As an example, about two years ago, I was thinking about an old friend I met when I went to legal secretary school in California. We were fast and very close friends for about five years or so. When I had a kid, we drifted. When I moved to Seattle, we drifted even further. But, we kept in touch from time to time. So, I logged on to look her up - long story short, I found out she had died by suicide about eight months prior.

@Shelton There was a lot sad about the situation. Heartbreaking. She had two kids. A new grandson. We were very close 22-25 years before her death. A part of me 'wishes I had known because maybe I could have helped," but, from everything I read on her page, she had become reclusive and distant from everybody - including lifelong best friends. So, I don't think I could have done anything that they couldn't do. Since she had completely outright flaked on our plans both I went to her city on different occasions, it was actually kind of relief that it wasn't "just me."

I can take it in small doses, and I try to only interact with friends.

Same to you! πŸ™‚

Ah, kissy kiss back at you @Tecolote! πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

My FB is pretty tame. I deleted anyone that spoiled my day. I do spend more time here because I don't converse on FB

Back atcha. πŸ™‚

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.