Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Education Department To Erase Debts Of Teachers, Fix Troubled Grant Program : NPR

Great news for (some) teachers!

The Education Department is releasing a plan Sunday to help these teachers who have been wrongly hit with debts, sometimes totaling tens of thousands of dollars, because of a troubled federal grant program.

TheMiddleWay 8 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I shall read this. It used be five years then was changed number of payments at the full payment about so no defer or reduced for income counts and when I did the math by the time I make that number of payments it will be all off!

It is about time we need aid for education especially in state schools.

This is right in line with my experiences with bureaucracy. It’s absolutely horrible dealing with inflexible, unreasonable people who have no accountability to the public that is paying their salaries. Kafkaesque

At least in this one case they were forced to back down.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:242079
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.