Agnostic.com

3 3

Is it funny that we have to 'not search' for the truth in order to find it?

I've always been a truth seeker, so being raised Christian that was my initial 'truth'. Aged about 28 after having not really been a Christian for about 10 years I was a Buddhist for two years, which although interesting, certainly was the long road to inner truth. I researched many religions and attended various denominations of Christian churches, but It was only when I effectively stopped searching, that I found the 'truth' I was searching for. I accepted reality.
Atheism: you don't convert, you just accept reality.

Hugene2002 7 Oct 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m jealous of a lot of you guys because after I left the church of my childhood it took years of searching to find “truth.” I too went through various denominations then agnosticism and finally settled as an atheist. I really wish the internet had existed back then. It would have been so much easier.

gearl Level 8 Oct 29, 2017

You said it very well. Many people hold on to childhood indoctrination for many years. It sometimes takes the mind a long period of time to change that mindset from belief to accepting reality.

Yes, sometimes it's like searching for your sunglasses, when they are on the top of your head

Good one!

you talking to me? LOL

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2443
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.