Agnostic.com

2 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As much as I disagree with teaching children that a specific religion is correct (as opposed to telling them what the various religions believe in a kind of comparative religion way), I do not believe that the state has the power to tell people how to raise their children. There are clear exceptions to this, I know - you have to raise your children within the bounds of the law. But in the US, the free exercise clause means just that - you are able to do your religious thing (provided you don't hurt anybody) without state interference. Secularism cuts both ways I think - separation of church and state keeps BOTH out of each other's hair

I don't think that it should be illegal in the same way that it should not be illegal to teach children to be proud of their cultural heritage.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24459
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.