Agnostic.com

2 0

Do you us Linux/BSD/FOSS/GNU?

Just curious to see how many of us are open to alternative operating systems, how "religious" we are about those that we do use and so on.

I generally refer to Linux as GNU+Linux because on its own Linux is just the engine; all the other parts are provided by a huge slew of other people and I don't really care for Linus' attitude.

BSD is purer but less supported on the desktop.

Then there are other fringe ones but I'm sure we could get into that later.

If security is an issue to you, do you worry that the big ones (Windows and Mac OSX to a lesser degree) are targets for hackers.

Draco 6 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use Linux mainly as a hobby, for personal use and learning more about it. I do a lot of PC gaming, so, I still have to use Windows as my main OS. I typically use Ubuntu versions of Linux, as I like Debian package management and repositories and there's a lot of help for Ubuntu online.

Duey Level 4 Apr 18, 2018

I got so disallusioned with Windows 10 that I had it stripped off my laptop and had Linux in the form of Ubuntu loaded. That was about a year ago, and I have been completely happy with it's performance.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:246
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.