Agnostic.com

6 1

Would you consider yourself a Humanist?

SEE: American Humanist Association Manifesto

atheist 8 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes.

Other times, I wish many humans to simply be gone ! Ha.

Yes

gearl Level 8 Oct 30, 2017

Yes, completely. That also means understanding what is human, though, and not just what is compassionate.

Guilty as charged. 😉

Yes.

I do not label myself a humanists because although many humanists are atheists, some people tend to use the humanist label as if they are more acceptable than just being an "ordinary" atheist. I have work so hard all of my life for so many causes and would be considered a humanists by many people. I would say that my life philosophy is humanistic. The other problem I have with some individuals is that they are apologists for religion. No, I'm not going to condemn your little old grandmother who goes to church and I live in the real world of relatives and friends who are believers (a few anyway). So I know how to be polite and civil in social situations, but I will never use phrases such as "some of them are fine people" or "not all Muslims/Christians..." because despite the positive attributes of individual believers, they still represent a torture/death cult and give it strength with numbers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.