Agnostic.com

3 0

In Europe I always had more female friends than male friends (I'm the easiest with women because they communicate much more open and deeper and less hormone driven).
In the US I have met several nice people, have a nice chit-chat and that's it. Never a follow-up. People seem not to be very easy in making friends after they left high school or get married (or not). I'm happily married for 40+ years and more interested in a good same-level friendship and not so much in a sexual relation.
The people in the US, even if they have a progressive way of thinking, seem to me still dictated by the Christian morality that has infected the American culture for so many years. Male/female friendships seems to be a rare phenomena.
I only meet people here around me, I wonder if my impression is supported by wider experiences.

Gert 7 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always befriended females more often then men. Not sure why that is, other than I find most guys are just plain stupid, and constantly chasing sex. They are too caught up trying to be "manly" and do not care for meaningful conversation. But that's just been my experience.

I still believe in treating people like people, regardless of what's between their legs. But I've learned the hard way, over the years, how precious few other people share this view. First, most men seem to regard me as a female who looks a certain way, rather than as a person. So there's that. Then, if I happen to find a man who treats me like a person, other people have things to say about it. I want to avoid the middle school drama far more than I want to sift through a haystack looking for a needle to be my friend. It sucks, and I don't like it, but I don't have the patience for such garbage. C'est la vie I guess...

Not by any of mine. I have a number of friendships with both males and females, that have lasted past the 20 year mark. Several past the 30 year mark.
Religion has never come between any of us.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.