Agnostic.com

3 3

QUESTION Group Fighting Faith-Healing Will March With Symbolic Coffins in Idaho’s Capitol – Friendly Atheist

Faith Healing, how many more children will have to die because of stupid believing parents.
I remember growing up in Cali, in the early 60's a couple was arrested because they wouldn't give their child the medician he needed to live, they claimed that god was going to heal him, and when he did die they wouldn't bury him claiming that god was going to raise him from the dead. You would figure that by now people would know that god isn't going to do shit for anyone, but the mental deases continues to run rampied.

Clare 7 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Youtube 'Derren Brown Faith Healing'. He discusses some of the tricks these people use and trains a guy to be one to expose how easy it is to be a so called 'faith healer'

Prayer has been studied and was found to be slightly harmful with no positive effects. Apparently it was harmful because it raised expectations that could not be fulfilled.

Faith healing is just a death sentence if serious illness is involved. When the victim dies they wash their hands of it saying the outcome was God's will.

I have faith, but you can be damn sure that if my kids get sick, they go to the doctor or the ER! No matter what my own beliefs, my job is to care for and protect my kids. They're innocents and shouldn't be used as a test of my faith. Parents who refuse meds for their child should be arrested and charged.

Yet another reason I contend that religious faith is a mental illness.

There is an abundance of nuts in religion!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.