Agnostic.com

2 0

I've seen a lot of gun control posts today. I'm a gunsmith. Think you have what it takes to beat me in a debate about gun control? So far no one has made an argument that I can't defeat with facts and logic. Change my mind, if you can.

jayneonacobb 7 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've still yet to see an argument supported by all the facts. I have seen people make arguments based on feelings, half truths and bad data, but nothing worth considering. I've seen people deflect arguments and blame tools for people's actions. Not a single person on the other side has presented a solution that doesn't involve illicit activity or legislation. Can no one supply a decent, complete argument for gun control? The answer is no given an objective analysis of the data regarding the question.

I think you may have mistaken my olive branch for a lack of capacity.

I didn't @ You and I'm not going to sit by just because one person doesn't agree with me. That would be dishonest. You didn't have to read this thread. People want this debate, snd its worth having. I'm one of the few people here that is qualified to talk about guns and their impact as it is my area of expertise. I invite data that changes my opinion. That is why i debate. It's not to win
It's to educate and learn.

Your expertise in what? Anyone can build a weapon. And if you are developing high round weaponry, you perpetuate the problem.

Yes, I’m a gun owner. Yes, I believe in gun control.

I live less than ten miles from Thurston High School, in Springfield, OR. And a survivor of that shooting, is not thirty feet from me.

@jayneonacobb

@jayneonacobb You weren't debating. You posted a false quote and then followed up with Fox News talking points that are only substantiated by disreputable sources.

@Lysistrata how so? I don't watch fox so it would be hard for me to quote them. Sometimes people you disagree with make good points. Your dismissal of my evidence based on your own political bias doesn't change the facts.

@Annaleda my expertise in the field of guns. High round weaponry? That doesn't exist. Can you build a modern rifle from a block of steel that you made by your self? I can. What problem am I perpetuating? Better technology? Sorry, but none of your argument makes sense. Your proximity to a school shooting has nothing to do with the debate. Your emotional response and position are also irrelivent to the debate as your feelings do not constitute absolute truth.

@jayneonacobb It's not evidence when you post a made-up quote and information only supported by disreputable sources. I can't debate the misinformed. I've tried. A hundred credible sources can't outweigh a single Alex Jones in their minds.

@Lysistrata I get my news from liberal outlets. It's not made up, just not exact. I thought you didn't want to discuss this anymore?

@jayneonacobb I didn't want to talk about it with you because you were making stuff up.

@Lysistrata I'll concede your point about the quote. He did say it, but it was taken out of context, which I was unaware of at the time. I just rewatched the interview and speech on youtube. Lying, though, requires knowledge that your statement is false. I did not know that he was being sarcastic, or that there was more to the quote, only having read it in print. That doesn't change my position or the accuracy or validity of my overall argument.

You proved my point yourself. Your only expertise is in the making of weapons. Not selling, not handling, not shooting, not policy.

I’ve never made a gun, no. I make other kinds weapons. But I have no doubt that if I had all the materials, tools, and guidance I could. Who the fuck cares? My son can make a nuclear bomb. But he doesn’t.

And go fuck yourself for saying my emotional response to a personal experience with a school shooting and it’s loss of innocent life is irrelevant. Asshole.

@jayneonacobb

@Annaleda no, you assumed that that's all my degree is worth. You can't work on guns if you don't understand the laws let alone how to handle them. If you don't have the skills or knowledge now to do that, then your argument is null. In the gun debate it is irrelivent. We're not discussing your feelings, we're discussing the law. I've been shot. You don't hear me bitching about it. It's sad that people are victims of senseless violence, I'm not denying that. That doesn't make your feelings matter in this debate. Asshole.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24790
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.