Agnostic.com

9 0

I'm just going to put this here for now, but will be adding some thoughts over the coming days.

WilliamCharles 8 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The public's working definition of an "assault weapon" is anything with a handle. The ban proposals extend as far as any semi-automatic rifle, as well as clip capacity or fixed nature. Some suggest an allowance for grandfathered features/accessories though you'd have to argue on what basis others are denied. A track record for not causing any trouble? That would allow for weeding out the irresponsible (domestic violence, some level of criminal convictions, etc.). The 2nd Amendment has never been about the right to hunt (save slave catchers), and a militarized police force is the thin blue line before martial law brings in the military. It's always been a numbers game involving the masses and power. Both arms of power (LEO & DoD) operate on an implied premise that they require and deserve zero casualty ROE.

That means, a civilian rebellion must resign itself to mass casualties to even consider going against the dominant prevailing power. How bad would things have to get before you joined the ranks of Spartacus? How indifferent would government have to be to treat citizens like the enemy and brutalize at will? Back in the day union organizers were beaten and murdered assisted by industry and the power of the state. Nowadays, is as simple as labeling/defining someone or group as terrorist, thus immediately losing all due process for all intents and purposes.

"If you take the second amendment as a whole, (which the NRA and political Conservatives generally do not), it can be understood as enshrining the right, if not indeed the duty, of citizens to defend their country, and themselves, from aggression, including aggression from the government... The time might come when the people might have to muster against the state."

~ Christopher Hitchens

Much truth in comedy.

Weapons grade stupid.

[patheos.com]

I agree this whole gun, protection, mass murder crap is out of control!
I'd like to see a list of everyone who is taking money from the NRA and publish it far and wide, I think that would be a career ender for these Aholes. People aren't stupid, this could happen to any one of us.

Interesting article, particularly since many call for full confiscation/bans after mass shootings such as Parkland FL recently. Others try to reassure legal gun owners that no one is trying to take their guns.

[heraldscotland.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.