Agnostic.com

3 0

QUESTION Where Do You Go When You Die? The Increasing Signs That Human Consciousness Remains After Death

Here is a science article on support for a living consciousness that exists after death. As science continues to evolve, think about what we may discover about our consciousness as a separate entity.

ksmartines 6 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your brain lasts six minutes without a supply of oxygen before it begins to die; which is why CPR is critical in the first six minutes. We also have three brains in one. 1. Housekeeping, 2. Emotion, 3. Thinking and much more. Re: [psycheducation.org]

Our bodies and our brains are both parts of the whole. We cannot survive without both. We may survive with medical assistance relying on the part of our brain stem but not less.

Anything else is at this point science fiction but who wants to live as free-floating consciousness?

What are these signs and where can I test them?

They are talking about the brain living to a certain point,6 minutes w/o oxygen for example; not indefinitely. It's in the article.

Good reason to have a back up battery wouldn't you agree

@Marine Many people felt that directly after an ultimate trauma, death is immediate. What the article is saying is "The research suggests a "step-wise shutdown," by which parts of us die gradually, at different rates, rather than all at once. " If our cells are becoming embryonic again and taking four or more days to succumb, that is both amazing and somewhat apprehensive as to what someone and science may come up with.

Thanks I have read about this in my science mags. but did not relate them to your post. Sorry.

Remains yes, but not for long. Get back with me when they discover that it remains after the brain tissue rots.

skado Level 9 Feb 16, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24935
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.