Agnostic.com

8 2

(Every black man needs a strong god fearing black woman). Am I the only one who finds God fearing unattractive and scary? And why she got to be black? Where did this line come from?

#god
ZoeZzonbie 5 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I also find "God fearing" unattractive and scary.
Every part of that statement is bullshit, so It doesn't matter where it comes from.
What every human needs is the freedom to decide for themselves what they need, without an authoritarian social construct imposed on them.

Because sadly people are brainwashed by their family's and environment..to pass down traditional beliefs

Usually "fear god" translates into "do whatever the church leaders say without question". At least it does for most thinking people. It is just a way for people to gain control (power) over others

Never heard of it. I don't know why anyone would want a fearful mate anyway, and yes I find it unattractive- I like people who have the guts to go against the status quo, and think for themselves.

It possibly came from the the ideas promoted by the ex slave owners who saw keeping the black population as uneducated and "god fearing" as possible would keep them, the ex slaves as maleable and compliant as possible.

Huh I think your right. No no actually really think that's the right answer. Thx for that. I mean it doesn't surprise me that the African American Cutler would integrate old Christian belief from the slave days. Well I mean nobody would have taught them that it was wrong.

I would think it obviously comes from a black man making strength of his desire. No, you are not the only one. God-fearing is fear and that makes for a scary mate. She had to be black because the writer was black and finding that connection. It comes from fear.

That term "god fearing" has always irked me. Who the hell wants to worship a god you need to be afraid of ?

Not sure who said that line about black men and woman - but it makes no sense at all to me.

I would find any God fearing woman (whatever colour) unattractive.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2501
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.