Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK Robert Reich: The Truth About Privatization - YouTube

Privatization seldom works well for citizens. I myself can't think of a single exam0ple of privatization which did nto result in higher costs and lower quality of services.

snytiger6 9 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are many examples of privatization that have shown that productivity rises and costs go down. See this study from the world bank: [siteresources.worldbank.org]

I'd be dubious about the source (The World Bank) and expect any studies they commissioned to fall in line with their business and profit agenda(s).

@snytiger6 I'm dubious of all statistics... I think the ones on that site are fairly accurate, though. I'm also dubious of anything Robert Reich states about economics. Although he may once have said some correct things about economics, he hasn't lately. He has an agenda, much of which contradicts what economics teaches. Here's one opinion on Robert Reich, from an economics professor, with which I agree: [forbes.com]

@sfvpool I had to study statistics to ge tmy degree in Sociology. I was shocked at how few peopel understood how to ptoperly handle the numbers (less than half), and of those who knew how to properly handle the numbers very few of those understood why they had to handle them in that way to get correct answers.

Thus, a lot of stanstical numbers are reposrted inaccurately as those who use statistics often dont' know what they are doing or why they need to do things a certain way to get accurate data and answers.

Because the concept of "for the actual consumer" vs. For Money just gets lost somehow?!?!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:252029
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.