Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK *”People love dead Jews. Living Jews, not so much.”*

This comment came from the country’s most respected institutions, the “Smithsonian.” I had conversed with Sassygirl about this and she suggested I join the Jewish group. I am not Jewish and explained why I felt out of place in joining the group. Also, I decided this should go out to the general population and besides, maybe I will ruffle some feathers. To hear the rest of the quote click on this link: [smithsonianmag.com]

There are several, gut wrenching stories in this issue and it took me a while to finish because I had to stop and regain my emotions. Here is the Smithsonian link: [smithsonianmag.com] start with the “Unforgotten.” The story of Renia Speigel [smithsonianmag.com] was gut wrenching and got the most letters.

JackPedigo 9 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My ex was Jewish. I have a natural affinity for the Jewish people.

The people yes but how about the religion?

@JackPedigo i find the nuances of the religion interesting. But I have been an atheist for 45 years. Not going to change now.

I need to include a link to Renia's diary and some of her poems. Often when poetry is translated the rhyming is lost, not here. [smithsonianmag.com]

Again the need to cry takes over me
When I recall the days that used to be
The linden trees, house, storks and butterflies
Far... somewhere...too far for my eyes
I see and hear what I miss
The wind that used to lull old trees
And nobody tells me anymore
About the fog, about the silence
The distance and darkness outside the door
I will always hear this lullaby
See our house and pond laid by
And linden trees against the sky...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.