Agnostic.com

4 1

What would you like to do that would go down in the history books?

Someone posed the question to me. My first thought was. I would like to be the Man that made Inner Peace, contagious as the common cold. A, at least I have a dream.

PeaceContagion 5 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since I expect my ashes to be spread to the wind in some nature spot I doubt I would be remembered only by my family and that is fine. My place in history I hope was that I was a fair and good person who tried to do the right thing by others and left this world a better place . It is simple but I believe it is a worthy life ambition.

Contemplating such questions is, for me, the way of madness. By definition, the vast, vast majority of us cannot go down in the history books. Anyway ... someone has to keep the machinery of society running while the heroes do their thing.

Religion taught me that I was god's special friend who he kept in his back pocket and lavished all his attention on. After I left religion I realized that in fact hardly anyone would notice if I vanished into thin air. This was a difficult adjustment -- but once I accepted it, I found myself able to extract pleasure from living an ordinary, flawed, "unimportant" life. Living within your true scope is one of the major secrets to contentment.

Lift the veil....

Khmm Level 5 Feb 17, 2018

End stupid.

I've learned that hating hater's only adds to the negativity in the world. So peace be with you my angry brother.

@PeaceContagion I don't hate them I just want them to learn to think in a rational manner.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.