Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK Black Mirror: Bandersnatch | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix - YouTube

Ok, who has watched this already? Trying to decide about it. Thoughts?

DoctoralZombie 7 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I kept going back and making the alternate choices. I watched it a second time to try more choices. I really loved how freakishly meta it got and I enjoyed the many Black Mirror references.

@josh_karpf It certainly stands on its own! It's just fun to see all the Black Mirror references. If you like the Bandersnatch episode, you'd most certainly like Black Mirror. Oddly, the only episode I didn't really like was the DEBUT, The National Anthem. Since the show had such an outstanding reputation, I watched more episodes and liked the rest! It definitely shifted a bit when it got picked up by Netflix.

Netflix made it look like it was out, but when i clicked on it the trailer was the only thing showing. So no, i have not seen it. Jew watch it on Netflix Zombie/mattersauce?

Planning on it.

Yeah I already watched it the other day. Worked for me.

I watched it already. It's interesting as they do a choose-your-own-adventure theme with the show but add in the BlackMirroresque plot and it gets far more interesting. I will say that there are a few main story points that it forces you down which I didn't love but overall I highly recommend watching it even if just for the experience.

All in all, how much time did you spend with It? Black Mirror generally messes with my head, and I get very involved with media. I fear getting lost in Bandersnatch black hole for a couple of days...

@DoctoralZombie I spend a little over an hour I think. It gives you the option to drop to credits when you reach a certain level of resolution. I thought that for a first shot at a choose your own adventure it was great.

However if I was rating it against others (which don't exist) I would say that the choices were of minimal impact sometimes and resulted in instant fail in others. For instance your first choice is cereal to eat, no relevance, then what tape to listen to on the bus, no relevance, but later you have choices that you fail from and go immediately back to "choose" again.

I will say you can't remove the choices and decisions you make from the plot which is hard to explain without giving a lot away. Set aside some time to watch it and give it your full attention, then let me know what you think.

Also "The Little Hours" is on Netflix as well. Watch that too.

@mattersauce Thanks for the suggestion

@DoctoralZombie There are many articles online now for "how to watch all the endings." You can't read them without getting spoilers but if you want to watch...let's say "efficiently"...without feeling like you've fallen into a rabbit hole, go ahead and cheat a little! Here are a couple of articles---
[forbes.com]
[vulture.com]

@DeStijl Thank you for the tip

Thanks for your comments.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255790
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.