Agnostic.com

12 10

QUESTION George Carlin --- Religion is Bullshit

I know I've posted on here about what things helped me not be religious anymore. And I'm sure many of us have seen this video. I first watched it when I was still religious and had a good laugh but disagreed with him of course. Then I watched it again 1 or 2 years after originally seeing it when I was questioning God, and it was what he said in here (even though he's doing a comedic act) that really put the icing on the cake. I'm grateful for the media we have available today because without it I wouldn't have been able to pull myself out of religion.

LadyStardust96 5 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love George Carlin

That’s great. There’s definitely an attention seeking behavior to those always pushing the taboos, and it’s gotten pretty hardcore out there now … but when Carlin took on such an overripe target as religion - it was sweet 🙂

Varn Level 8 Jan 4, 2018

Yep, love George Carlin.

I have a link to Carlin on my Facebook page linking him talking about religion. So yes Bullshit!

One of my favorites! Joe bless you for posting this. 🙂

Part of what made him so wonderful, was his dead-on, tell it like it is approach. With that license to speak uncomfortable truths , that comedians have in the name of laughter - Carlin spoke volumes about religion and it's inherent BS. He made people squirm. He sometimes silenced them with his outrageous words. And yet, he saw things as they are - as they really are.

Hail, King George !

That says it all! Watching a Carlin HBO special gave me the courage to publicly declare my Atheism. The indoctrination process that children are put through and the parental/peer pressure is very strong in upper middle class environments. You run the risk of complete alienation from everyone near and dear.

George Carlin had religion figured out a long time ago and tried to warn the rest of us. He was always funny as hell.

SamL Level 7 Oct 31, 2017

Carlin was the first stand up I was familiar with many years ago. Now it seems that I discover new ones all the time. Ricky Gervais, Eddie Izzard, Jim Jefferies, Seth MacFarlane, Bill Maher and Julia Sweeney have all been popular. I’ll always owe a debt to Carlin as he was the first to get right in my face with it, make me think and make me damn proud to be atheist.

gearl Level 8 Oct 31, 2017

He was awesome.

Enjoy 🙂

Admin Level 9 Oct 30, 2017

Love that one. 🙂

One of my favorite stand-up bits.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2559
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.