Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK It's the End of the Gene As We Know It - Nautilus

By Tomfoolery339
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It still has a very long way to go before it reaches your statement. They still haven't made it put proteins together and many other functions still are lacking.

Marine Level 8 Jan 6, 2019

If it was true "that the information in the DNA code can only serve as a template for a protein. It cannot possibly serve as instructions for the more complex task of putting the proteins together into a fully functioning being, no more than the characters on a typewriter can produce a story." - than it would be an incredible coincidence that monozygotic twin resemble each other like one egg the other.
Of course the shape of the body, down to its details, is in the DNA code.
If it were otherwise, twins would be as similar as distant relatives ...

Matias Level 8 Jan 6, 2019

It’s a very stimulating article. Thanks.

You're welcome.

And I feel fine.

I was wondering who would comment along those lines.

@tnorman1236 I'm your huckleberry.

interesting read. long live King Chaos.

hankster Level 9 Jan 5, 2019

Worth a thoughtful read

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:259313'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!