Agnostic.com

1 0

I have long held the position that religion has prevented the evolution of people by the limits they had placed upon science.Personally, i hope that one day we as people will be able to eliminate wars, hate and all the other negative things humans display today. It is also my belief that religion has played a significant role in preventing this development because of it's restrictions placed on science during the previous centuries and the emphasis placed on sin.Their meddling in science has either prevented or delayed many achievements. Take as an example their position on gene therapy and DNA modification. Many churches oppose this type of threament as being interfering with god's creation.My question to them is if god is all perfect why does he create something that is defective? Or if god created us and we have developed the ability to correct medical problems why would he protest?

Marine 8 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Look for the episode of Family Guy where Brian shows Stewie what the world would have been like if there was no religion.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.