Agnostic.com

9 3

What's your favorite anime?

I'm rewatching Code Geass because there's a new one coming out this year, and realized I've probably got similar tastes to many of you when it comes to anime. What is your favorite?

PolyWolf 7 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ninja Scroll -- greatest anime and one of the best action movies ever.

Ghost In The Shell is still my favorite

None that I know of....

Dragon Ball Super

Besides Comboy Bebop, my favorite animes are Erased, Sword Art Online, Girls Und Panzer, School-Live and My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU.

I haven't heard of any of those except of course Cowboy Bebop and SAO. I'll have to check them out. I didn't like SAO at all, but I'll try the others for sure. Thanks!

@PolyWolf SAO has it’s problems, but I love Kirito, the animation and the setting. The current season, Actuilazion, is the best season.
Also, check out SAO abridged. It’s a parody but somehow it’s better than the show.

@RandyMoose I might actually do that, because I was having trouble getting through the stupid sort of worshiping of the main character. Thanks! Didn't know it existed.

Psychopass is my favorite.

It's so good.

Japanese manga. Spirited Away is my favorite movie there. Just love it.

It's so good. Magical realism is such a beautiful form, and Miyazaki is second to none in the visual arts. I love his feminism too.

@PolyWolf Yes I wish they made more of those kind of movies.

@Jolanta I'm sure you've seen the rest of Studio Ghibli's works. I'm definitely having trouble thinking of others that are similar. I know Haruki Murakami is very much a similar type of author (though less feminism-based), but aside from that, I also wish there was more in this category. Have you seen Ouran High School Host Club? It's probably the closest, though not really the same, as it involves zero magical realism, aside from envisioning a world where there's very little sexism.

@PolyWolf No I haven't heard of it, so will look it up at once. Thank you.

One Punch Man was the only anime I watched more than once. I don't know what made it so good to me and there were a good many aspects that weren't good, but I really enjoyed it.

For me, a huge part of it is just the existential problems it raises and how meta it was. While I tend not to rank it among my favorites, I also haven't finished it yet, so I need to do that. Thanks for reminding me!

I really enjoyed Gunslinger Girl. It possesses an interesting dichotomy at its heart.

Baccano! Is one of those shows that shifts effortlessly from comedy, action, drama, and horror.

Because of its American origin most people would not include it in an anime list, but Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel The Legend of Korra are phenomenal shows.

If you ever want to cry yourself stupid Grave of The Fireflies is one of the saddest, most heartbreaking 90 minutes you can experience from a film.

This post is reminding me that I haven't watched a good anime in a while. Need to remedy that.

Into crime/thriller/detective stuff at all? I highly recommend The Perfect Insider, and if you want a little more action, Psycho-pass. Aside from Code Geass, those are my two favorite anime by a long shot, although I was surprisingly impressed by One Punch Man, which is like an existential crisis in a super-hero suit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260724
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.