Agnostic.com

8 1

Do you have health insurance? If not, how do you cope? Would you vote for a candidate who ran on a national healthcare platform?

atheist 8 Oct 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No .. Thankfully .
I,m lucky enough to live in a society where free healthcare ( the N.H.S) was invented.

I have it---literally could not survive without it, and since my ability to work is so limited, I only have it because my family can afford it. I'd vote for someone who ran on a national healthcare platform.

Yes - this is the first thing on which I select a candidate - the US is backward on this one, BACKWARD

I do not have healthcare, which became an issue when I was diagnosed with leukemia a few years ago. The hospital OHSU (Oregon Health and Sciences University), had me fill out forms for financial assistance, and they found money to pay the bills for me.

I did vote for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries, so Yes, I would support a candidate who wanted a national healthcare system... like pretty much the rest of the entire industrialized world.

No, because here in Australia, we have universal basic public health cover, which covers everyone for accident and emergencies, and all low income persons for elective surgery. It is available to have additional private health cover for elective surgery for those more well off who don't wish to wait in the queue for elective surgery.

Yes and definitely yes.

Yes and Yes. I think it should be a right.

gearl Level 8 Nov 1, 2017

Civilized countries all over the world provide healthcare. What else is a gov for if it can't provide for its people? Are we just fodder for war to keep the wealthy well provided for, while we are given crumbs and told that one day we will make it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.