Agnostic.com

7 1

QUESTION Westworld - The hidden message in Michelangelo's painting

Michelangelo confirmed long time ago, God is human's mind invention.

HermitVoyager 6 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m catching up now (Season 2 Ep3 shhh)... but I saw that scene and recalled when I first was introduced to the Michaelangelo hidden element. At the time it was a trivial fact shared on an art museum field trip. I now understand this to be the wallpaper of my humanist beliefs.

TonyW Level 4 May 27, 2018

Ironically, Anthony Hopkins is a theist, and very much disagrees with the character he's playing here. That makes his acting all the more impressive.

@HermitVoyager I read an interview with him where he said he's not an atheist and very much disagrees with the character, who was an atheist. It you're not an atheist, you drop the "a" and you have a theist. Maybe he's an agnostic theist, but if you disagree with the belief position of atheism then you are affording belief to some sort of god, if only a vague sort of generic / deist god.

Westworld is so damn good. Can't wait until season 2. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable fall off that 99% of shows go through.

Ohferpetessake...sort of like that movie, "Davinci Code" about how Davinci put in hidden knowledge about the Last Supper....painting it 1500 years afterwards, but he was "in the know".Just damned silly, IMHO

@icolan It makes perfect sense that he would do that, he was fascinated by the human form and so such "easter eggs" would be very much in character. The difference from the "DaVince Code" is that I don't think there was some hidden meaning in him using these forms in his paintings, they were simply forms he found pleasing.

I love this movie/ rebooted show.

Hollywood. If you ask the master he may tell you... "the shape came from a flower I stepped on". the brains hired by hollywood are a powerful thing. Whatever works any good xian will tell you.

I watch almost no TV, but I LOVE Westworld.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26231
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.