Agnostic.com

21 2

Impeach or no?

How many here think Trump should be impeached?

• 28 votes
  • 24 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 4 votes
TeacherCarlK 3 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What I'm hoping is that Mueller's report crucifies both 45 AND Pence.
This country needs to be rid of both of them.

By all the experts I've read, what Trump is doing is far worse than even what Nixon did. Even what's already publicly known. And that includes the systemic damage to the Republic and its influence and credibility in the world, not just the legal stuff. Impeachment is a political act; not just a legal one.

If what we've seen in plain sight for 2 years is not enough to impeach, then I don't know WTF would be.

All historical precedent and actual evidence, contrary to what people are always reporting, does NOT indicate that Mueller is not "about to finish up", so if we're going to wait for his report we're going to wait in my judgment another year or more. Well before then, the GOP will just claim impeachment would steal the right of the people to decide Trump's fate via (heavily gerrymandered) voting in the 2020 election. Right now is actually the perfect time to start the process. But there's no will for some reason, so fuck it. I'll just keep kissing my butt goodbye.

And it's not just the GOP, the old guard of the Democratic party is just as cowardly, looking for all possible cover and the perfect moment to do it. The media is obsessed with stringing this out for rating and newstainment purposes, and that's no help either.

I'm British but voted anyway! Giggles

BTW how is that Bexit thing going? Northern Ireland going to hang around?

@Beowulfsfriend Its just a complete mess. I have heard it likened to trying to seperate the ingredients of a sponge cake after its been baked for a week. Its impossible. I fear the worst

Only racist dumbasses would consider impeachment.

gater Level 7 Jan 10, 2019

There’s plenty of those right here on this website.

I imagine that allowing the Special Counsel to finish the investigation before deciding on a course of action would be wise, primarily because it is less partisan. If the veep was even in the room during certain conversations we can get rid of both of them.

MizJ Level 8 Jan 10, 2019

Impeach trump and impeach/get rid of pence.

Lock him up after 2020. We don't need an evangelical for a president.

We should have impeached Obama. No reason to impeach Trump.

You mean Pence 2020? No Thank You! Pence would look like a well put together hero compared to Trump. Republicans would be pissed and Democrats would be placated when 2020 comes.
Vote him out. It would take close to that long to impeach anyway....

I would vote strong no on your poll but you have that worded as supporting Trump and I do not.

MsAl Level 8 Jan 10, 2019

Most of us! But many of us don't vote so ...sucks to be us.

If the Muller Report shows Trump conspired with the Russians for help in winning the election then I believe Republicans as well as Democrats will vote to impeach and convict Trump.

We might not need to wait on Mueller if he decides to announce a "national emergency" to get his wall built.

Not so smart to impeach Trump. Pence would become his replacement which would result in presumabley, establishing his credentials as a Republican president in his own right in 2020. Pence is just as much of a minion of the wealthy as Trump is. Trump with his screw-ups does not have as much chance of winning in 2020 as Pence would. Do not cut off your nose to spite your face.

Some experts agree with you; they say that Pence's perfidy is likely sub-criminal in terms of what's provable and so may not go down with Trump; he has something of a talent for not being in the room when certain critical things go down.

Others are not so sure. But ...

I'm tired of all the triangulation and equivocation. It's like saying if I commit serial murder I should be left alone because my wife would kill even more people. One problem at a time.

@mordant Non Sequitur.

I tried to select all of the first three but I'm not sure it took it.

Fundagelical Pence scares me every bit as much as tRump but as a country we have to do something to get out of this situation. The Greek term I saw recently was 'Kakistocracy' (if I spelled it right). That means government by the worst -- just because they were the most aggressive and the most ruthless. The only reason our current rulers aren't successful mob bosses is that they aren't competent enough to follow through with that path.

Impeach now, indict later, then sentence to life....

In front of a firing squad!

We ShLoUlD hAvE iMpEaChEd ObAmA. nO rEaSoN tO iMpEaCh TrUmP. -dErP

Replace an insane orange-haired bozo with an far more insane bozo? We need a revolution, a new government, nothing less.

THHA Level 7 Jan 10, 2019

Even if they can impeach him it would be smarter to not do so. Because believe it or not there’s not really much to impeach pence and even if there was the senate would allow trump to be impeached but they’d shield pence.

And honestly when i see some of you saying impeach them both it makes me truly realize that there’s little confidence in the Democratic Party to challenge either one of them.
Especially with the likes of warren throwing her neoliberal ass there as the next chosen one.

Either way I’m sure that if there’s one more ridiculous presidential failure us independents will finally have the support to finally run things.

@maturin1919 Thank you for reminding me that the problem with ever getting your hopes up high enough to believe in something is that certain birds will only see it as something to shit on.

@maturin1919 Sure

@maturin1919 I’ve actually said something similar to that several times on here and it’s not a wish as it’s a pattern evolving.
More and more Americans aren’t voting and that’s mostly due to the fact that “ our “ parties aren’t cutting it anymore.

And at some point there’s going to be a candidate that will break ranks and get those people to vote but seriously I know that it’s a stacked deck and lottery would be more probable at this exact moment but Americans are fickle but are also very trend driven so let’s see if nature will prevail

@maturin1919 well, we are getting a front row seat as Trump shits all over the country, the rule of law, and the constitution.

@Beowulfsfriend Obama was the one who disregarded the constitution.

McConnell won't even do anything that he's not going to profit from..

And because the gutless or imoral republicans will band together to hold on to as much power as long as they can....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:262890
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.