Agnostic.com

2 0

The one thing scarier than there being a god, is if there is no god, would you agree? Let me put this way. When you think of a god that rules the universe, and he will either bring you to Heaven (who knows what that'll be like, since it could be anything), or send you to Hell (where demons reside); then the other option is that the entire universe has no god whatever. No god anywhere.Totally devoid of all gods. Perish the thought. Either way, whether there is or isn't, it's a scary situation; and I'm totally freaked out.

Obnoxious 4 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

the one thing scarier than there being no god is there being no pizza.

Too much salt.

One of the wonderful things about science is that it reveals to us how alone we are in this universe and how utterly indifferent the universe is concerning us. This view of things really drives home to us that we only have each other and all our differences and contentions that we have about this or that religion or politics are nowhere as important as we think they are. As Carl Sagan pointed out, we exist on a tiny pale blue dot in an immensity of nothing. We really must just get on with living and not doing anything to anyone we'd not like done to us.We are born , we live and then we die. I like the concept that Fred Hoyle had that there is a 'Big Picture' , that there is some sort of Intelligence of the Universe that we, as a species are part of , but that it's practically incomprehensible . I think to merely exist and be aware of the universe around us is a remarkable thing. We seem to be tiny bits of awareness that the universe has to observe itself.

But we do have each other.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.