Agnostic.com

2 0

Aesthetic Thought

Interested in peoples take here.

Acharyasman55 6 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry, I have no idea what this even is. Is it supposed to be some theist's concept of what they think atheists think? If so, what are the even saying?

I don't know. The picture just grabbed me though and I just wanted others' thoughts.

@Acharyasman55 Looking at it in the light of day your question is more straightforward. I thought the picture was supposed to be a depiction of atheist thought somehow, and didn't recognize any of my thinking in there. You were ASKING for the thoughts of atheists.

In that case I think ... it's someone's fever dream about the meaning of life.

I'm not sure about the symbolic representation of death as another [re]birth. I'd have depicted it more like a brick wall. Then again simply that I was born 61 years ago is not evidence I came from some other realm or existence, so maybe the metaphor holds.

In fairness, I'm a pretty concrete thinker, innuendo and metaphor are sometimes lost on me. I'll pass this particular baton to an art major 😉

Mother earth bears us, we live and return to the mother earth.

cava Level 7 Feb 19, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.