Agnostic.com

8 5

LINK House GOP Leader: ‘Action Will Be Taken’ On Steve King Over White Supremacist Remark | HuffPost

The republican leadership is upset at King for the same reason they are upset at Trump. He's not using the buzz words that facilitate hiding the obviously racist policies of the republican party. They are destroying the cover for those who consider racism a minor issue in political discourse and can thus vote republican because the dog whistles allow a level of denial. But once the rhetoric no longer hides the racism, even those who are usually benign on the issue have to take exception to blatant racism if they are going to mingle with people who's lives are not neck deep in racist propaganda.

It's getting harder for "Joe the Plummer" to deny that a republican politician is a racist because they "don't know what's in his heart", when the politician's words scream racist and all the racist organizations throw the politician praise.

redbai 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Action will be taken... They take action every time King says something stupid... They sweep it under the carpet!

Republicans cry about the "liberal media" saying bad things about them, when they are oblivious that they are bad people that do bad things.

Dont want negative news coverage? Stop being an awful person.

JFC

Steven King of Iowa is a PoS that will continue to be a problem until the people of Iowa wake up.

Not happening fast enough. Not happening to enough of them.

"It's getting harder for "Joe the Plummer" to deny that a republican politician is a racist because they "don't know what's in his heart", when the politician's words scream racist and all the racist organizations throw the politician praise."

It's still not that hard for most of them to ignore it.

You're right. It's not happening enough and it's not that hard for a lot of them. But 10 years ago, King was considered "right-wing", not he's considered "white supremist". While the needle hasn't moved very far, it's moving in the right direction … so far.

Racist are not born but made. I wonder what happed in his life to make him so.

Nothing has to "happen" to people to make them racists.
It's just easier for some of them to adopt that mindset.

It's in the article, spelled out specifically from his own mouth: "Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

He believes, and I have no reason to question it, that his experience in becoming educated in America taught him the point of view that he has. The fact that he was elected into important public position and gained national prominence seems to imply that there is some merit in his perspective.

@ToolGuy I would imagine that his parents were a huge influence upon how he thinks.

About time. The biggest cabal of deniers I've seen in awhile.

"In his interview with the Times, King said he’s OK with immigrants of various races legally entering the U.S. ― so long as American culture stays white and European." What I would really like to know, is how these goddamn hypocrites can condemn this guy, then turn around and vote for more funding for the racist Zionists in Israel. This statement he has made is less extreme than the Zionists have made about Israel and what its nationality should be made up of. It is interesting how intolerance is supported by these very same clowns who rant about this moron's intolerance. In short, most of the republicans and democrats are just as bad as this idiot. Choose your idiot, they for the most part are all alike.

THHA Level 7 Jan 13, 2019

Steve King has been getting away with this type of speech for decades. Has the shit finally hit the fan with these repubs?????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:264981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.