Agnostic.com

7 0

Do the terms Democrat and Republican mean anything anymore.

Each generation has it's own defining of the political party paradigm, now it seems there are very superficial differences between the two parties. Are these identity politics healthy especially when you consider the above?

WillKincaid 4 Nov 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. But over my lifetime, I've noticed since 1980, that republicans kept moving further and further to the right, and democrats also moved to the right, to now the democrats are further to the right on many issue than republicans were in 1980.

Republicans (as in politicians, not voters) have pretty much almost totally sold out to special int4erests, while democrats have sold otu some, but not quite as much. I see republicans movign towards a corporatocracy, while democrats are just corporate light.

Ones just a little less crazy than the other.

Tejas Level 8 Nov 2, 2017

Its hard for the bird of freedom and peace to soar with two right wings!

only to those on the podiums

"dumb and dummer" or maybe" mean and nasty" . polarization has won the day

The two-party system is very important.

As long as we are fighting each other we aren't fighting the ones sending us to war and ripping us off.

I was a Republican from Reagan through little Bush's second term. I started having issues during shrub's presidency; and, when McCain sold out and chose Palin as a running mate, I left. I went to Independent, then to No Party Affiliation; and, in this last election changed to Democrat. Yes, there are issues the Democrats need to address; but, to say that the differences between the parties are only superficial, in my opinion, is simply incorrect. Just look at what the Rethuglicans are trying to do. They are catering to those who want to use government to push their religious views onto everyone else; they, right now, are trying to fill the courts with conservatives and reactionaries. They are doing all they can to suppress democracy by making it harder to vote. They are the ones who want to make the rich richer at the expense of everyone else. They are the ones who deny climate change. They are the ones who want to make us less safe through deregulation...and the list goes on. The Democrats are not perfect...but I will take them any day over any Republican--to include the most "liberal" Republican (which, by today's standards, is still very conservative).

george bush senior [ ex head of CIA ] is responsible for ALL the muslim troubles of today. He started the whole mess that ended with iraq 911 afghanistan pakistan egypt libya and syria . All for oil and gas. These republicans will be looked at as dogs of war by history

markdevenish: I wish I had seen the light about Republicans long before I did. It was after I started shedding my religious beliefs that I also started questioning my political ones.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2656
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.