Agnostic.com

5 1

Gun Culture

I have been wrestling with the role and power of the NRA in shaping modern gun culture in this country. I see it as a White power issue. Thoughts?

Archaeo 4 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think is this is spot on and how MANY American would react.

[collegehumor.com]

Sarcasm and irony lays the hypocrisy bare.

It has long been my assertion that all culture--ethnic, religious, societal, geographic, etc.--is a choice. Culture is not monolithic, but is a matter of one's choosing. We hold the power to shape culture, rather than be shaped by it! True, gun culture, like gang culture or ethno-religious culture, may be difficult to get out of, but it happens one individual at a time. One less buyer, one less viewer of gun violence, one less shooter.

Gun culture to some folks may be an oxymoron. The NRA has turned a useful organization aimed (no pun intended) at gun safety, into a fanatical right wing protector of the gun industry. As more kids die in school shootings, the rest of the country tires of outrage at infringing second amendment rights and becomes concerned about a real unalienable right, the right to life. America is waking up, let's see where that goes. As for white power, I see a lot of racism mixed in with the "gun rights at all costs" crowd. That certainly needs to go. I own guns for hunting and target shooting. I do not need military grade high capacity, assault weapons to enjoy these activities. I do not fear that I will someday have to make a last stand against my government. Get drunk drivers off the road, and get the assault weapons away from the gun nuts. That just might make America safe again.

THERE ARE MANY GUN OWNERS WHO DO NOT like or care about the NRA myself being just one of them. I enjoy shooting very much and unless you have been introduced to shooting you probably cannot understand this. It is a shame that it is a sport that can have such terrible outcomes attached to it.I do not see it as a white power outlet rather an improperly controled sport.There are to many gangs,mental cases,domestic abusers who own guns. These could be limited if practical laws could be used. The question with this latest case is how did a nineteen year old mass a collection of 10 guns. Where did he get the money to buy them as they are not cheap.Why did he have control of the guns especially if he was known to have mental problems?

/

The NRA is just the tool of the gun manufacturers it is really just all about greed. They also feed the idea of white power by generating fear of other people that are different from you the white man. It has become so endemic that people feel they need more gun with each progressive shooting. It just capitalism at its finest; invest money to make more money through generating demand for your product, increase sales so you generate even more demand when your increased sales create more shootings and on and on it goes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.