Agnostic.com

5 3

Regarding religion, one of my big annoyances when watching the local news is when there's an accident/car wreck/fire, etc. Like last night, there was a bad wreck nearby and they interviewed the father of the driver, naturally he was relieved that no one was killed, and he's talking about the accident and said; "Thank god no one was killed, or severely injured".. As I usually do I said, "god had nothing to do with it!"
How about the next accident where people are killed, I assume his god allowed that one to happen and those people deserved to die. ARGH(!)...it just seems to take the mind of a child to bend logic in such a way to believe this stuff.. and the news people seem to love and push this mindset...Sigh.

ronnie40356 7 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I also try to find it ironic that they use that saying that well that is how our all everything "god" called/took them home to be with it.

I think it's really ironic when it happens to a church or church bus and the surviver says " god was looking out for me." well wasn't he looking out for everyone else on the bus or in the church? Do you really think you're his favorite or something? Like you're better than everyone who died or was hurt. So arrogant!

It aggravates me no end..that cliche or "It's all in gaawds plan"..WTF..aaaargh

You're correct in that a lot of people have that mindset. However, I also think that in a lot of cases nowadays, "thank God" is just an expression. I say it myself, and I have never been a religious person. I also say "oh my God", "goddammit", "oh God", "Jesus!", etc. To me it's just an expression, same as any other expression.

marga Level 7 Feb 20, 2018

Yes that's true & I do it myself, "Oh my Gawd" is my favorite line. But no he meant it as a thank you to god that it wasn't worse and local news people, or my local news people seem to encourage it. There's one news person here (no names) that wears a cross on a necklace every broadcast, if she's wearing a turtleneck the cross is pulled up so it's hanging over the turtleneck. In your face Christian news reader.

Completely agree with you. I think about that with tornados too. They interview someone and thank god they're still alive. So were the ones that died not worthy?

Obviouly not..they must have worshipped the Wrong gaawd..

@Charlene or even more shocking, none at all! gasp

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26731
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.